Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Toy!!!!!!

This isn't the actual picture but it looks almost just like this. It seems like the toy that I have had the longest is my chainsaw so a cat seems like the next reasonable choice. My dad and I bought it together. For some reason, Tami thinks she owns a quarter of it and I own a quarter of it. It will work great for clearing land and building a pond. I should be able to use the cat about as much as I have the last toys I've had (about twice a year) but I am more excited about this one. We had been kind of looking for one since November but we weren't able to convince the other partial owners, my Mom and Tami, that this was a good idea. They must have been watching the boys play outside with their Tonka toys and decided that men still needed something like a Tonka. Either that or they got tired of listening to us whine like little boys until they gave in. Either way, it worked and when I am sitting in my office in the middle of downtown Denver, typing with my un-callused hands, clean finger nails and sissy shoes, I can dream about being out in the woods in my Whites, packing my chainsaw and wearing my White Ox gloves, waiting for the cat to come back for another drag!!!!

6 comments:

KrisJ said...

I think only you could make a CAT sound like a romantic experience LOL Im loving the description of your "sissy shoes"

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Caleb, it's beautiful. The only solace I have is that I am sitting in my office with my Whites on my feet, with my barely calloused hands and at least I can take a walk in the dirt. I'm just down the road at the DTC if you need to dirty up those fingernails.

Jolayne said...

Oh, wouldn't my husband love a toy like that. So what are you creating on this land you're clearing, or is it just a place to go and play with toys?

Kris said...

I don't even know what to say...that is just funny.

Haley L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley L said...

OK, I have to say that I am so grateful for blogs because it was my saving Grace in primary today. Poor Silas wasn't too thrilled to be there today and then I remembered this post. All it took was one word about the CAT and he was all mine. :) The other kids were so confused as to why your new "cat" was so loud. Ha!