Friday, September 25, 2009

We Trashed the Place

I am back from Idaho now and I think everything on the house is almost complete.  We are still waiting on the lease agreement with the State Parks and Recreation department.  We are complying with everything so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The people we bought the house from were very nice.  They were an older couple that had been in the cabin for a lot of years.  They hadn't even been able to go for a couple of years because of their health but their daughter has been using it quite a bit.

I had to leave early but the daughter still wanted to have one last hurrah before they turned it over to us.  For liability purposes, I called her and told her that she couldn't stay at the cabin and she needed to come get the rest of her stuff.  Let's just say, she wasn't too excited about not being able to have a huge party there the last weekend.  I know, I am totally unreasonable not letting some total stranger party at our house while we aren't there.

My brother in law Jon, his mom and my dad went out to the house today so that the lady could come get her stuff.  I guess they showed up completely drunk and were not happy about the changes that were made on the house.  It was probably a good thing I wasn't there because I have a tendency to lose patience very quickly when people are drunk, yelling and screaming and being rude.  I was told by both Jon and my dad that it was a good thing I wasn't there.  I dont really know what they meant by that.  The people said that I had no respect for history and that I had trashed the place.  I think they meant that I had detrashed the place.

Jon and his mom helped me clean out all the old stuff.  They worked like crazy and we took literal boat loads of stuff to the dock and loaded two pickups completely full of stuff.  We had couches, cupboards, rugs, knick knacks and all sorts of other stuff.  Jon cleaned up the beach area and helped me fill in the old outhouse.  (that isn't a job that you ever want to volunteer for by the way).  We got rid of a lot of stuff.  Float houses are kind of funny, if you take weight out of them, they float better.  If you add a lot of weight, they tend to sit lower in the water.  When we were done, I couldn't even close and lock the door because it had shifted so much.

The next day, Harvey and Cheryl (Tami's parents) came down and completely cleaned the house.  Cheryl was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floors on the entire main floor.  Harvey was cleaning light fixtures, knocking down cobwebs and cleaning windows.  It really opened the whole house up and it now seems very big.

I really don't want to be rude, but.....we did not trash the place.  I know it has to be hard to see something that you grew up with be completely changed in a matter of 2-3 days.  The drama is now over. 

PS(from Tami)  Caleb is much more PC than I am.  Let's just say he gave you the rated G version of how the daughter and her boyfriend behaved when they came to get their CRAP!

4 comments:

kmk said...

Wow that is quite the story!

Anna Winn and Family said...

Haha. Man that's awesome! I'd like to see the before and after shots of the inside. That sounds like a juicy story I'm going to have to have someone tell me at the next reunion!!

Johnna Jayne said...

Oh man! I'm glad that is over with. Especially glad you guys changed the locks. Crazy lady!

Amy C said...

oh yeah, and make sure i'm there too anna!