Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tami's B-Day and Sushi Hana

Soft shelled crab roll
My blondie brownies.  I really was happier than I look.Jude with humidity curls.Maggie letting Jude help.Our Sushi line.Veggie sushi roll~HA!King of sushi eating and making.Fancy rice on the outside roll!
Disclaimer...we had the camera on the wrong setting ~ hence the fuzzy view!
Saturday I turned 32! We didn't do much as we were expecting company but I spent the morning shopping it up with Isaac... I had a fun at Hobby Lobby with him. He was great and carried all my purchases which included a 6 ft. ladder and an area rug. Yes I got a ladder for my Birthday. It's one of my favorite gifts! Caleb has his super duper heavy one that I hate so I wanted a light one for indoors only. LOVE IT! Caleb made my FAVORITE dessert...Blondie Brownies and they turned out perfect. Caleb and I are going to re-celebrate my B-day another day. Jon and Maggie came VERY late that night (not the company I was referring to earlier). Maggie is doing a 4 week rotation at a hospital here in Houston and will be staying with us. She took Silas out for a special afternoon of exploring and sushi material shopping yesterday. She found a fish market close to our house so last night for FHE we had a sushi making party. It was so much fun! The boys LOVED creating their own rolls with shrimp, tuna, salmon and soft shelled crab. I tasted a tuna roll and it was good but created my own veggie roll which I LOVED...is it still considered sushi when there's no fish?

7 comments:

KrisJ said...

Im still bummed that I couldnt surprise you for your b-day by coming out cuz of your company BUT I think you guys are pretty awesome taking on what you did! Looks like Maggie is having a great time with you guys, how fun to make those sushi rolls! Our fam doesnt do fish so I dont know that it would be as fun here!! I hope Caleb takes you out so you can really celebrate now that the company is gone!! I cant wait to see what else you found at good ol Hobby Lobby!! Party baby!

Mama Walker said...

Happy belated birthday Tami. Between the blogs and facebook it is fun to watch your family grow up. Brings back lots of memories of days gone by. Love Uncle Barry and Aunt Diane

Johnna Jayne said...

Happy Birthday! I was wondering what all this sushi biz was about until I saw you were having a veggie one. Looks like they were fun to make. That's pretty cute Issac was so helpful at Hobby Lobby.

Anna Winn and Family said...

Happy B-day! Seriously - Veggie rolls are my absolute favorite. Just looking at the pictures made my stomach grumble. I HAVE to have them now. I just have to convince Alex to eat them along with me. :)

vicki said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Tami! You look like you're 15 years old!!

The Toy Guru said...

Yummo!!! That looks so delicious!! The pics turned out great. Looks like the boys are having a blast...makin' some memories. Happy Belated Birthday!! I remember turning 32... 4 years ago. I think I was pregnant then too. Ughh!!