Saturday, September 19, 2009

Catchin' Up

It's been a while since I've actually written words on a blog entry so I thought I'd add a few tonight.  Jude's Birthday was good and he loved his toys.  The only thing left that is baby about him are the diapers.  He's speaking really well, he can physically do all the things his brothers do, and he's got a strong willed, terrible 2 personality.  It was really sad for me today to get him 2T clothes.  No more counting his age by months. 

The boys are really liking their schools.  Isaac is running to be a homeroom representative for the student council.  He has to deliver a speech and the class will vote for one boy and one girl.  He has come up with his speech and campain already.  He wrote what he plans to say the other night and it turned out great.  He's going to say things like, "I plan to make the work fun by helping to plan it", and "I would like to give new students tours because I am a new student and know what it's like".  All very diplomatic things.  His final sentence is "besides, if you vote for me I'll give you a Hundred Grand" and then he's going to hand out cards that say vote for Isaac and have a mini hundred grand candy bar attached to them.  He came up with that plan ALL on his OWN too.  I think we may have a future politician on our hands!

Elias was signed up for baseball but we realized on the way to our first practice that it was going to take an hour and a half of JUST driving every time, not to mention the 2 hr. practice.  Caleb is going to basically be gone for most of the season so we decided to pull him from the team.  He was ok with the decision as we just got a membership to the Woodlands Country Club and promised lots of golfing and tennis in return.  We can't wait til next year when he can do sports through the Junior High.

Silas is as TURDY as ever!  We were running around today doing a bunch of errands.  At one of our stops I was carrying Jude into the store and noticed he had something in his mouth.  I hadn't been giving him food so I was really concerned about what it could be he was chewing on.  I kept asking him what he was eating and he wouldn't open his mouth.  Finally Silas let me know that he had gum in his mouth.  I had only given gum to Silas so you might be able to guess now where Jude got his gum.   In the past Silas has been known to just spit his gum out on the floor of the car when he's done chewing it.  I guess putting his ABC gum into Jude's mouth is a step up from his usual.

Caleb's sister Maggie has been here since the beginning of September on a 4 week medical rotation at a Hospital downtown.  The boys have been LOVING their one on one time with her.  She has taken the time to do something special with each boy on several occasions.  They are going to be really sad to see her go.  I think Maggie will probably breath a sigh of relief when she pulls out of our driveway for the last time.

Caleb is flying up to Idaho tomorrow to sign papers on a lake cabin we're buying, sight unseen!  We've seen pictures and his parents went to look at it for us.  We're not worried though.  As I told Caleb, we wouldn't have bought it without his Dad's opinion anyway.  We're totally excited and plan to spend our summers at the cabin.  Fishing, skiing, hiking, biking, having fires and spending time with extended family (plus the Jeffers have promised to visit for a couple weeks EVERY summer too). 

Caleb and the boys started to clear some of our wooded and weeded areas today.  Let's just say there were young boys using saws and swinging axes... NIGHTMARE for me.  I'll post pictures later!

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

lmBo over the abc gum!! And we cant WAIT to visit the cabin!! Its gonna be so awesome! Hurry with the pics!

Tirsa said...

I can't believe our boys are 2 (turning 2). Ez has the total attitude right now too and is really asserting his independence. I'm not sure I like it very much!

kmk said...

Wow your cabin to be sounds like so much fun!@

Johnna Jayne said...

If someone gave me a candy bar I'd vote for them. Can't wait for Caleb to get some sweet pics of the cabin. I think it needs a nickname. OH!!! And how about a GIANT spider update?!

Elizabeth said...

Matthew was running too for student council, and has his own campaign as well. He did a great job, but sad to say, he didn't win. Hope Isaac did great! Matthew was excited that Isaac was running too.:) I would have voted for him too...especially if I got a candy bar! Can't wait to see the pics of the Lake House!