Saturday, June 20, 2009

Watch Out Criminals-----and Everyone Else

At the beginning of the year, I took a class and applied for my concealed weapons permit. I finally got it a few months ago and I haven't carried one time. I told Tami that I needed a new pistol first so we went and bought me one for Father's Day. I also sold a pistol and rifle and that went toward the gift.

She was giving me a bad time because I spent the time and money to get the permit and never carried. I didn't have the right holster but I thought I could just carry it in my belt on my back. I didn't have a shell in the chamber and figured it would be a good trial.

The first place we went was a grocery store. We pulled up in the parking lot and I got out to get Jude out of the other side. As I was walking around the back of the pickup, I felt the pistol start to slide down into my shorts. I don't remember what I said but I grabbed the back of my shorts and Tami started laughing. She said, "That looks like Silas when he has to go the bathroom really bad." There were people all over the parking lot and I'm sure they were thinking that I had just loaded my shorts right there in front of everyone. I opened the pickup door and backed into it and had Tami shield me. The pistol had fallen perfectly into the inseam of my shorts so I had to shake it out one of the legs. Once I got it out, I slid it under the seat and left it. For some reason I haven't packed it since.

3 comments:

vicki said...

That is hilarious! I think the only thing I want people packin' at the grocery store is my groceries.

Erica said...

All I did was laugh!! You have some of the funniest stories. Let's hope I don't have to be somewhere with you when you would need to grab that gun- I'd be afraid of where you needed to grab it from to use it. :-)

LaDawn Lingard said...

too funny