Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rumor Has It...

I've witnessed firsthand now, how a rumor can spread like wildfire! I know this announcement comes as a shock to NO ONE, but I'll say it anyway... We're moving to Houston! For real, we told about 3 people of our move (as we had to wait for the news to be formally announced within Caleb's business community) but you'd swear it was posted on our foreheads by the amount of people who were in the know. Well, I think I may have some news that you might not have heard yet. Caleb has been promoted to U. S. Region Vice President, Smith Technologies. It's a very exciting career move for him. We feel very blessed to have this opportunity. Everything is moving forward very quickly. Last week my Bestie, Kris, watched our boys for a few days while Caleb and I went to find a house. As has been the case with all our homes, we feel totally frustrated in the search until we walk into "the one" and then we both just KNOW that it is our house. We've never had to deliberate over several places, it's always a case of the one and only for us. So, needless to say our new home will be perfect for our family. We didn't check out the church but do know that it's a pretty close drive and found out once we were under contract that our Stake Center is an hour and a half away in College Station. We'll just hope to be team primary teachers!!! We leave in 3 weeks on July 8th. Anyone looking to buy a GREAT house, ours is for sale!! I have to put in a shameless plug for it...4182 sq. ft, 6 bedroom, 4 and 3/4 bath, half acre lot, formal dining, loft/office area, TWO laundry rooms, exercise room w/ rubber floors, 2-3 storage rooms, Large media room w/ surround sound and wet bar, formal living, MUD ROOM w/ built in storage (I'm going to miss this the most), Granite throughout, 5 piece master bath with huge walk in shower and huge jetted tub, cedar lined walk-in closet, top of the line rainbow play set, dog run, 10 fruit trees, berries, grapes, and garden pots (all on drippers), 2 ovens (1 electric, 1 gas), gas range, lrg. over sized island w/ sink and bar, butlers pantry and tons of storage in the knotty alder cabinets, 220v in the over sized 3 car garage for a welder and work area in the back hmmmm... I know there's lots more but I already made a book on the house details. Here's a link to the listing for those who might be interested... Click Here. I've had lots of peeps wanting to see the new house so click HERE for a slide show of the new place. So, now that we can talk freely of the move I'll probably have more things I can blog about!

13 comments:

kmk said...

Wow! Congrats to Caleb for the promotion and best wishes with a big move! You're used to it, it sounds like. And I thought we moved a lot....

vicki said...

Congrats to Caleb on the new position! I will tell you that this was a complete surprise to me so at least you kept the secret from someone. Sp great to know that you guys will be so close. maybe there will be a Time Out for Women or something in Houston and we can meet up. So extremely happy for you!

Kris said...

What an amazing job opportunity and kickin' house! I see many a ward activity at your house in the future. Congrats you guys, that is AWESOME but we will miss you. :(

Johnna Jayne said...

Things I loved:
- Giant Beautiful BRICK house.
- The pool is off the chain! I think I would just live out there; forget the house.
- Fancy staircase/railing.
- You have room for your chickens in the kitchen.
- Built in vanity in your master bathroom.

I can see how you guys fell in love with that house!

Johnna Jayne said...

Oops! I got so excited about the house I forgot to say congrats to Caleb. Good work!

Carli said...

I know Ken is really going to miss working with Caleb, but we are so excited for your family! Congratulations to Caleb! Your new house is incredible -- your boys are going to love that backyard! What area of Houston are you moving to?

Haley L said...

I can't imagine your current house not selling soon and the new one is AMAZING! Who cares about the Houston heat when that is your back yard! :) Congrats to Caleb--couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! We will miss you!

KrisJ said...

I know I said I was going to ignore this post but of course Im not! Very rarely do you find a connection with one person let alone a whole family with whom your WHOLE entire family gets along with! We all feel so incredibly blessed to have had you in our lives for almost 5 years, we know we will never find another family that could come close to replacing our Zimmies! (Though we are taking applications) We are so happy and proud of Caleb, he is such a hard deserving person and this move is very exciting. For selfish reasons only are we sad and I know I will be a hot mess when that dang truck pulls away! I will miss my BESTIE so so much and will be lost and calling and begging for visits. So 3 cheers to the Zims who will be missed by more people here then Im sure you will ever know and missed most by us who will be stronger better people because we had you in our lives!

Kevin n Amy Cederquist said...

Holy Buckets! Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations Caleb. We now have a VP in the family!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful house! That swimming pool looks like it came out of a CRIBS episode! :) Gorgeous! Good luck to you your family in whatever the future holds. You guys are great and we will miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats to Caleb as well! How exciting for you all. How blessed we are to have been in a tiny fraction of your lives. You guys are wonderful people and we will miss you. I know that Matthew will be a mess too when that truck pulls away. He and Isaac have truly been best buddies! I just hope we can stay in touch and maybe some visits. I do know Matthew has counted his money and he and Isaac have already talked about just flying Matthew out to play for a long playdate...Hahaha That could be fun? :)

alison said...

Congrats to Caleb on his promotion, however I have to say this is a COMPLETE shock to us and we're really sad that you're going!!
Good luck in Houston!

Tirsa said...

I think the for sale sign in your yard was a huge tip off that you were moving. :) Sad to see you go though.