Saturday, December 20, 2008

Best Of The Best 2008

We were going to do a top ten list of the craziest sayings we had in our house this year, but with five boys counting me, some of the funniest things are also pretty gross. Just as an example so that you know what you are missing out on, one of the boys thought they had a little accident while trying to squeak off a silent but violent one during family prayer. Upon returning from his own inspection, Tami asked, "Did you you get everything cleaned up?" His reply was, "It turns out it was just a hot fart." (sorry Mom, I know fart is not a word that you approve of) There are plenty more just like this but now you know why we decided to change our theme. Anyway, this is our Christmas letter.

Jude is the best baby we have ever had. He is so good that we almost decided to have another one (this is going to be a huge surprise for Tami because it never crossed her mind even once). Out of all our boys, he is the slowest developing. It's funny how life changes parents. If he would have been our first, we would have already had him working with a speach pathologist, a walking instructor and any other profession that starts with psych. Since he is our last one, we just consider him to be "special".

Silas has the best imagination of all our boys. I had a friend that used to remember all the movie lines and it would drive me crazy to have to hear them. Guess what? Now I live with one. He has just about every line of the movie Cars memorized. At least I enjoy most of the funny lines in that movie. We were nervous that he only remembered the bad things (he knows more swear words then the rest of the family combined minus Tami) but he started preschool this year and he remembers everything he hears there too. He made a great discovery this year when he told Tami that she didn't wipe his bottom good enough because he stuck his finger in the "red spot" and found more. Yeah, don't ever take candy from our kid, you won't want it.

This letter could get ugly really quick so I better change the subject to Isaac. He was baptized this year. We were excited about Elias' baptism too but with a child like Isaac, it is a wonderful feeling once they reach the age of accountability. He is our little chihuaha of the family. The only difference between Isaac and a chihuaha is that when Isaac gets scared, he doesn't pee on the floor. He has a lot of bark and likes to try and pick on the bigger kids but when it really comes down to it, running is his best option. Isaac doesn't really know how to walk. He is constantly running, hopping or even skipping wherever he goes. We are trying to cure him of that last one. No matter what people say, it really isn't okay.

I already spoke about Elias earlier in the letter. Oops, I told him I wouldn't mention names on the "hot fart" comment. Elias loves any sport that requires players to be on the sidelines cheering. I was always extremely annoyed at the team mates that were the "raw-raw" guys. Elias is one but as long as he is wearing the same uniform as the players on the field and not one that matches the girls on the side lines, we are happy. I really should apologize for being such a braggart about our kids in this letter. By the way, they helped us write it.

For some reason, Tami wanted to be left out of this years letter. I can't see any reason why she wouldn't want her one paragraph of fame. I'm sure when Tami pictured her married life 12 years ago, she would have never thought it could be this good. Being the only princess in a house of boys isn't quite what she expected. She is a wonderful wife and mother and completely off limits in this letter.

Since I am writing this letter, I opt to not have a paragraph. I will however, include a few facts below that aren't gross:

1. We sold our house this year because we had been living it for almost three years and we were bored. We wanted to buy acreage and ended up moving to a house without acreage that was only 4 to 5 blocks away from our previous house. Definitely, not our original plan!!!

2. I can't believe I actually thought that we could come up with more than one thing that didn't have something to do with potty humor.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

7 comments:

Erica said...

You really are too funny!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I love that Tami is the only princess, now those boys are going to learn how is the best way to treat their mom and future wife!!

Haley L said...

OK, that was hilarious. Thanks for the laughs. And thanks for sharing Silas with us this year--he might well do stand-up comedy someday. When he said that Doug's tie hung down to well, you know, I almost fell over. We will miss him in class on Sundays!

Unknown said...

Ah, Caleb! This was great! I'll hire you to write our family new letter next year. Let's talk soon.

Ryan

Ryan Nelson Family said...

Love it! I miss you guys and of course the good laughs! Potty humor (much to my dislike) is my life now!! Somehow I don't remember ever having those kinds of discussions at the dinner table with my family of 6 sisters ( and 1 bro)
Tammie

vicki said...

So funny! I can't imagine what a house full of all those boys must be like (although Caleb describes it very well!)

Anna Winn and Family said...

Sick and funny. Alex laughed but I gagged. I'm not ready to raise a boy.
-Anna

Jolayne said...

You have a great talent for writing.

Somehow the dinner conversations at our house are not quite the same as the ones at your house.