Sunday, July 20, 2008

While The Cat's Away the Mice Will Play

Today during Church Jude was getting noisy and rowdy so I stepped into the hallway. I was able to peek into the primary room where I saw Elias NOT singing and distracting his friend next to him. I seriously watched for 5 min. and he was not behaving the way he was taught. So, after church I had him call his friend and apologize to him and his mother for distracting him and being a bad example. Then we made him come up with his own punishment. He decided to be my slave boy for the week. Chore #1... disposing of a dead mouse we found in the basement. He screamed bloody murder during the whole process. We didn't get the video camera ready until he'd just finished. Then we had him sing a solo to show Claudia (the Primary Pres.) that he in fact DOES know the words. So in an effort to humiliate Elias into better behaviour.... HERE YOU GO!!

11 comments:

Chris Kline said...

Now that's some serious humiliation! You realize that someday when you're old and incontinent, he's totally gonna let you sit in your diaper, laughing about getting even. He'll probably post it on his blog too! :-)

I was talking about some issues with one of our kids today in class (that YOU missed!) and now I don't feel so bad for making her go move all the rest of the rocks in our front yard project as a punishment for being sassy.

alison said...

i LOVE those windows!!

Erica said...

I love how you say to him- tell everyone how much you cried so we can put it on our blog. That is so funny. Also I love that dad sat at the piano and played for him to sing along with. What a great punishment!!

Anna Winn and Family said...

This just brings back memories for me. I swear you and my mom must have talked. And, might I add, Elias has a BEAUTIFUL voice and I'd love to sing with him sometime : ) Believe me - I'm taking notes on your parenting style.

Elizabeth said...

WOW!~ What a parenting moment! You ROCK and Caleb too! I love the crying part. If we find any mice, can we call Elias to get them too?

KrisJ said...

Now you know Claudia is gonna make him do a solo! He is such a good boy and it has so much to do with you guys being great parents and not one of those parents that lets your kids be lazy and get away with everything! They will be amazing leaders one day... then we can pull these out again and have a good laugh!

Brigit said...

The solo is great! I bet he will be singing in primary next week. :)

Eldrberry Grove said...

Ahh the marvels of modern technology that allow for parental humiliation! Great job guys :)

The Toy Guru said...

I Love it!!! Can I send Alec and his attitude to your house for some Zimmerman style boot camp? And Yes he does sing quite beautifully!!! Maybe we will consider a solo for him.

Haley L said...

I really should be applauding your efforts here, but his sad face makes me want to cry (after I laughed, of course). You should know that any time we've had Elias over, he has been a super polite kid.

Jolayne said...

So I gave you an award. I think it should be a good parenting award too and not just for your blog.