Sunday, July 13, 2008

Race Fans

I'm not normally a guy that gets into racing all that much. In fact, I will admit that I have never watched a Nascar race. (please don't pull my man card or my white trash card) Last night though, we went to our first races and had a blast. It was like going back in time but at the same time bringing a little bit of the present with us.

There were clothes that I hadn't seen in 20 years. There was more ink than there is at a pen factory. Of course, we saw our fair share of mullets and fullets and there were those that just didn't wear enough clothes. I imagine that a Nascar race is attended by people that would be considered, "White trash with money". This race was more just the first half of the statement. For some reason, I felt right at home. I don't have tattoos, I wasn't wearing a wife beater and I don't smoke or drink but everyone was just having a great time.

Tami made the comment on the way home, that the group of people that attended the race live amongst us in the neighborhoods. They don't normally stand out as much until they are all congregated in a large group. Next time we go, we are going to dress the part. Also, I am growing my hair out right now so that it will be ready for an awesome mullet for the last races of the season.

It was actually a lot of fun and the people were great. Even the ones that had a bunch of tattoos and piercings were still very polite and nice people. Everyone was there to just have a great time and I think we all did.

3 comments:

Anna Winn and Family said...

That's what I'm talking about! I've been trying to get Anna to goto a demolition derby w/ me - but haven't succeeded so far - will need your help Tami w/ that one.

KrisJ said...

It was a definite grand time! I ended up having dreams about "trailor trash" people coming into my home and eating my food. WEIRD

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.