Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Boys Weekend

Tami went to Utah for her family reunion over the weekend. All of the boys stayed home and had a good time. I think Tami enjoyed her time away too. She did say something about being able to go to the airport "by herself", rent a car "by herself" and travel to her grandparents house, "by herself". She also mentioned how much she enjoyed visiting with all of her family, "by herself" and that it was really nice to be in the hotel, "by herself". I know she enjoyed the reunion, but I am starting to think that she really enjoyed being, "by herself".

The boys and I had a great time. We kind of had to prove a point so we worked all weekend long. We tore out the tiles in our bathroom, planted raspberries, planted grapes, made bread and ate great meals. I didn't want to admit it, but I had to go back to work because I was completely exhausted. I acted all cool and collected when Tami got home but I was pretty worn out. Silas kept saying, "we can't go to church with out mom", "we can't go to bed without mom" and other things that we couldn't do without mom. Jude didn't really seem to notice that she was gone. He is a great baby so it really wasn't too bad. I'm thinking we should have left the house really messy, ruined a few of her best things in the kitchen and made sure that the kids were completely dirty and nasty by the time she got home. Since we didn't do that, Tami will probably be ready to go on another vacation "by herself".

2 comments:

KrisJ said...

OO You show off! But we have talked about having a girls weekend since we both have such responsible husbands!!

shelly said...

Don't get a complex Caleb, I'm sure she really missed you all but dang if a mom just doesn't need some time "by herself" once in awhile. :) Hi-5 to you for letting her have it.