Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birds and Bees and Tiger Salamanders

We have had great luck with pets in the past so I thought we would share our story of the salamanders. Isaac caught two salamanders and thought they would be fun to keep as pets. When he caught them, he said they really liked each other because one of them was giving the other a piggy back ride. They were wrestling and playing and having a very good time according to him. He researched them on the Internet and found out that they make really good pets. I tried to get him to release them back into the wild so they could roam free, but Tami and Isaac decided that they would be good pets. They went to Petco and bought a bunch of stuff for them. Long story short, we had the poor little lizards for about three days and they are both dead now. Again, we spent a bunch of money on something that only lasted for a few days.

One of my coworkers that has been married several times, told me that if he ever gets the urge to get married again, he will go out, find a lady that he really doesn't like, buy her a house and tell her to kick him where it counts and then he won't have to pay a lawyer. I feel about the same way with our pets. Next time we decide to get a pet, instead we should put an add on Craigslist for a free pet, buy the pet for the person that responds, get them all of the equipment and then walk away because it would at least save us some time and possibly money.

3 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

OH MAN!!! How about one of those $5 lizards at the pet store? I had a couple of those that lasted forever. Until one ended up in the washer & the other I left in one of Moms plants and forgot about it. But they were pretty hardy guys from what I remember.

Erica said...

Could you be any funnier!?! I was just laughing so hard to myself reading this. Your luck with pets really isn't so good right now. I think you should get another just to try out your luck. :)

Anna Winn and Family said...

With your luck - Alex might lend you our animals to dispose of. I don't want him to get any ideas though by reading your blog.