Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Manure House

We found a house that we really like and it seems to fit in with all the other ones that we have bought in the past. The bank owns it and it needs a lot of work. It comes with 7.5 acres and years and years worth of projects for the boys to do outside. We made an offer but we have to wait for another person's offer to expire.

My parents were in town a couple of weeks ago and we were trying to distinguish between all the houses we were looking at. We started calling our favorite one the poop house because the people that lived there before had a lot of animals. They had cows, sheep, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, dogs and everything else you can think of. Let's just say they didn't keep a very neat and tidy place. The poop house sounded a little bit crude so I took it on myself to change it to the manure house.

The house is completely stripped inside. Whatever isn't stripped is dirty, nasty and gross. The outside has more out buildings than I have ever seen. If we end up getting this house, I am going to ask the fire department if they want to come out and practice on some of the buildings. I wonder if they would let me light them? I really doubt it.

We also have some other really good news. Tami got a storage unit for us and my brother Gabe helped us get all of our heavy things (minus the piano...they have professionals for that) into the unit. We should be able to get everything else by ourselves. I'm sure he really wanted to come up here for a vacation and move heavy items. In the process, he was also able to see what it looks like underneath a toenail. He was helping me carry something out to the trailer and he hit is toe on the edge of it and separated his toe nail from his big toe. We got to spend some time at the Longmont clinic so they could clean it all out and put it back on.

It ended up working out okay because Elias had some type of infection and he had to come to the clinic too. Since I was already there with Gabe, I was able to sign Elias in before he even got there. Tami will have to write about the infection because I don't remember what it is called. It looks pretty nasty though and it is right on his face.

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

I still like the Poop house! Though you need to move the poop house just a little closer!

Jolayne said...

I keep telling Chris we need to take advantage of your acreage and send our girls out to work.

kmk said...

How did you guys get this cool template?

Haley L said...

Silas told me on Sunday that he was going to have a pig in his new room -- a real one! He cracks me up!! Good luck--I hope they accept your offer.

Johnna Jayne said...

Woot Woot!!! Go Poop House!! Sorry, I like that one better. I'm stoked you thought your chicken decor is to country for a country house. Chris won't know what hit him. He's a little amiss to my chickens but there'll be no stopping me now.