Sunday, May 25, 2008

Count Down to Homelessness

Tami keeps reminding me that I need to write more often on our blog. We finished meetings early this morning for church so before we all go back, I have time to write a few things.

We will be out of our house on Saturday. We close on Friday but the people buying it have given us until Saturday to get out. We are pretty much out of our house now though with almost everything we own in storage. The boys said they wanted to go camping this summer, it looks like they are going to get their wish.

So far, we don't even have a contract on the house we are trying to buy so we are going to be officially homeless in about 6 days. I can't wait. The boys like living in hotels because they have pools, they bring you dinner in your room and they make the beds and clean the bathrooms for you. After looking at their logic, I have to agree. Plus, you get new neighbors every day.

I tried to convince Tami that we should buy an RV but she didn't like the ones I had picked out. I told her that brownish type shag carpet is back in style now but she just isn't as current on things like that as I am.

No one seems to understand why we are so willing to wait and wait for the poop house but that's okay. We were talking about it the other day and realized that we have never bought a house from a person. We always buy from banks and the houses are always empty and usually very trashed. This one is no exception.

Before I end this, I wanted to give our good friends the first opportunity to come get some free manure if we end up buying this house. We will load it for you. All you have to do is haul it away and put it in your flower beds or garden. We won't be doing this for just anyone so hurry before I start selling it on Craigslist!!

3 comments:

KrisJ said...

I hope you guys will camp out at our house for awhile! I totally get why you love the poop house. After your hard work is done that place will be amazing!

Erica said...

I guess I didn't realize that the offer went through all the way. I thought there was a contingency you were waiting on. I guess you guys moved really fast. That is excited! Good luck with the new place. However- is moving the only way to get out of a calling?

Tirsa said...

You know Caleb, there are easier ways of getting out of being Elders Quorum President than making your family go homeless...