Saturday, March 1, 2008

No New Gun for Me

Tami and I have been talking about buying a shotgun for several months now. I wanted to get a 12 gauge tactical shotgun just for fun. I also wanted it to make sure that Tami was protected while I was out of town. (That last statement really is true)

Today, we had all afternoon to go get it but for some reason, Tami changed her mind. She usually lets me spend a very, very, very small portion of bonuses on something fun. I think last quarter, I bought a king size candy bar. She takes the rest and saves it. I'm getting off the subject so I need to get back.

When Tami and I first got married, her dad told me that I should buy all the guns I could as early in our marriage as possible. I didn't understand the wisdom in that statement until today. Can you believe that Tami had the nerve to say, "Can't we just use one of those guns that we already have? We have so many guns that you never use already." I tried to use the investment story. That didn't work. Then I tried to convince her that she needed it for when I was traveling. That didn't work either. I even tried the guilt trip thing too and that didn't work.

Just because you already have one 12 gauge shotgun, it doesn't mean that you don't need two. I told her that I would buy her a knife to protect herself while I am out of town. You know what they say about bringing a knife to a gun fight.......DON'T.

6 comments:

Brad and Marissa said...

Too True! Come on Tami, every guy needs a couple of shotguns or three. He needs one for himself and one for each of the boys. For....hunting. Yeah that sounds about right. :)

-Brad-

KrisJ said...

LOLOLOL

Jolayne said...

I am slowly coming around to the idea of having one at our house. It has taken years though (ten and a half to be exact) for me to begin to change my mind on the matter. Now, two or three, that's a whole different story.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

You guys are too funny. Caleb I have to admit, I talked my INLAWS into buying me a shotgun for one of my birthdays and they don't own a single gun or even like guns. I used the promise to keep them under lock and key and that was the only way I got away with it. Maybe that will work?

Haley L said...

If it weren't for my knowledge of Caleb's love of buying and selling toys, I might feel sorry for him on this one. ;) Love your new background!

Erica said...

Sorry Caleb- I'm on Tami's side on this one. I don't like the idea of them and Jamey doesn't even use them- they just sit.