Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Answers and More

From the top down it goes, SUV, van, van, SUV, SUV, van.

I am in Vernal this week and while I am here the manager and I interviewed a person we would like to hire. I don't know why this is, but I seem to have a lot of dinner appointments with people that I have never met. It always seems to work out and we end up finding each other. We usually have some sort of description to go by but this time we didn't.

We walked into the restaurant and sat down to wait for the guy. The person we were meeting with was named Mark. There was one guy sitting by himself so I walked over and asked him if he was Mark. He told me that he was so I introduced myself and then went and grabbed the Vernal manager so that we could sit down and talk with him. We chatted for awhile and the guy said, "How did you know that I was Mark?" I told him that I didn't but that I really wasn't shy about things like that and the worst thing he could say is, "No, I'm not Mark."

He kept looking at me really strange like he was trying to figure out where he knew me from. The waitress came out to take our orders and I told her that we weren't eating but that we would just get something to drink. At that point, the guy looked at me and said, "Were you supposed to meet someone here named Mark?" I looked at him and started laughing and realized that he was a completely different Mark. He had no idea what we were talking about but he was just too nice to tell us. We had a pretty good laugh and then picked up our glasses and moved back to our own table.

Finally, our Mark arrived and we introduced ourselves. He told us that he preferred to be called Anthony because he went by his middle name. The other Mark looked at him and said, "No way, my middle name is Anthony too." It was really funny and I think I completely embarrassed the manager. It takes a lot to embarrass me (that may be due to the fact that we have 4 boys). I got a good laugh out of it and I think the wrong Mark is still shaking his head in disbelief. By the way, I think the correct Mark is going to come to work for us.

5 comments:

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Were either of them married to Jennifer Lopez and/or the father of newborn twins?

alison said...

The other Mark sounds like he at least had a good sense of humor.

Rich said...

Dude,

Why didn't you hire both of them? Never know when you might need to Mark Anthony's!

Oh and you might want to change the Testosterhome heading to Estrogehome - cute background (It is Tami but I can't remember the last time I saw Caleb looking so cute. When will we see that giant Cat pushing down some trees as the background? Just a question - stir, stir, stir - lol)

LaDawn Lingard said...

Who'd of thought?

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That is really funny.