Thursday, January 3, 2008

So Proud


The older boys have been dying to cook something on their own. Caleb's Mom always lets them help her in the kitchen (which they LOVE). I have a lot less patience with their "help" when I'm trying to cook. On Sunday we finally let Elias make a cake from the box on his own. He used some old oil from the basement that used to be for our popcorn machine. It turned out NASTY and we threw it away. Yesterday was Isaac's turn to take a stab at it. He mixed all the ingredients (he even separated egg yolks all by himself) and the batter was quite thick. We figured out that he'd only added 1/4 C. water instead of 1 1/4 C. water, an easy fix. He followed all the directions perfectly other than that and it turned out good. Everyone had some for dessert last night. About an hour after dinner we caught Silas on the counter with a fork shredding the cake to crumbs...so Isaac's cake got thrown away too. But I'm still proud of them both (especially Isaac, he's only 7)!

2 comments:

erinlo said...

I can't believe how big the boys are getting! Wow.

I read Caleb's Christmas letter and was rolling on the floor laughing so hard- hilarious!! I think you guys SHOULD try for a girl....come one....you make such cute babies!

OR- you could guarantee a girl and adopt one!!! I'm tellin' ya- it's awesome.

Your boys are all precious and I can see why you are so proud. Love, Erin L.

KrisJ said...

O that is so awesome GOOD BOYS! I have started to have Kaden help stir things on the stove but he gets to nervous for much more than that. He can make his own cereal LOL What a great service you are doing for them and their future wives!