Thursday, January 10, 2008

Defending My Honor

Alright, just because a man likes to cook doesn't mean you have to question his manhood. Now baking, I will admit is taking things to the next level. I am going to blame this on my childhood since that seems like the most popular thing to do these days. It really isn't my fault. When I was growing up, whoever made dinner didn't have to set the table or clean the kitchen. This usually only occured on Sunday. I enjoyed making the messes much more than I liked cleaning them up so I really started to enjoy cooking. One step led to another and then all of a sudden I was baking bread. I will warn all men out there that it is a very slippery slope. Once you start to experiment with something like this, you find that cooking just isn't enough. Slowly you move to baking a cake just to get your fix. Then, the next thing you know you are kneeding bread (in a mixer of course). I am already looking for my next fix and I don't know where I am going to get it. By the way, Tami doesn't have the cooking/no cleaning rule in our house but I do keep trying to implement it but I still have to ask "Is the mixer all cleaned up yet?"

8 comments:

alison said...

Jeff grew up with that same rule--so we implement it here--it works great--since i do 3/4 of the cooking. I think the baking is a little iffy though.

Jolayne said...

I'd still like the recipe.

Brandie Lyon said...

Jason has always claimed to be the best cookie maker ever, but after 13 years I have yet to taste one. Only because he has never made any. He does however make a mean hot fudge, but I refuse to learn how to make it, because I don't want it to turn into my job.

Chris Kline said...

Bye bye manhood. Hello apron-boy!

Kris said...

You go Caleb. I wish that rule existed here. I think Robb does dishes twice a month.

Erica said...

Would Jamey even know where we kept anything to bake with- NO! Often when he emtpies the dishwasher (which doesn't happen as much as I would like) he has to ask where things go.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Hey man, you don't have to explain anything to me, I tasted the goods. Delicious.

Jolayne said...

We're all just a little jealous of Tami. She scored.

That's a huge recipe. Thanks for sharing it.