Sunday, November 25, 2007

Vacation

We made it back from our vacation. Tami didn't trip over any "ghost kids" or anything in the airport on the way back so it was pretty uneventful. I'm still trying to figure out who's kids she tripped over. She blamed it on our kids but they weren't anywhere close to her. And to defend myself, I didn't even know what was going on until she was already getting up. I stayed away not because I was embarrassed but because I didn't want to get in the way of all the other rescurers that came to her aid. On the way home, we ran through the airport to make sure we stayed far enough ahead of Tami so that if she fell again, she couldn't place the blame on us.

We had a great vacation. We cleared land, ate, cleared land, ate and then repeated the process many more times. The kids played in the fire, road fourwheelers and raked about 10 leaves. They didn't quite finish the job they were assigned.

I have a question. If Tami is putting up Christmas decorations and swearing when she finds out that the kids broke the manger scene, does that take away from the Christmas spirit? We will just turn the Christmas music up a little louder.

You will see in the slide show that we had a complete lapse of good judgement. We saw how much the boys liked playing with Tami's parents dog that we decided they needed one too. I don't think he has been put down one time. The poor dog is going to forget how to walk. Jude on the other hand, better figure out how to walk quickly because it seems he was replaced in the boys eyes. I never realized that they were using him as a pet because they didn't have a real one.

Oh yeah, there are a few pictures in the slide show that some of you may not recognize. The one of the guy posing in front of the burn pile is my brother Jarom. (Single) The other picture of the guy actually working right in the fire, is of my dad. Somehow, it seems like all of us inherited a lot of traits from my dad but the one that was recognized the most this trip was our love of fires. We all have the same general idea of fire too. "The bigger the better." It comes from a long line of burners. My great grandpa used to clear land, pile brush and burn his piles. He cleared a lot of acres of land without any power tools. We had to make sure the tradition keeps going so our boys had to play in the fire too.

7 comments:

alison said...

welcome home! i just had to laugh at your description of the boys with the dog--Jeff says we don't need to get a dog b/c Ryan has turned into the family pet.

And in defense of Tami--it can be ESTREMELY frustrating when you unpack the nativity set only to find that all the wise men have been decapitated!

tamiz said...

Your comments are hilarious

KrisJ said...

LOLOL That was absolutely hularious thanks Caleb! Tami I usually end up saying some choice words to with anything Im letting the kids be involved with! Im glad you all made it home safe and that knowbody tripped over the KIDS! (I believe you!) I cant wait to see the new pooch he looks absolutely adorable and the kids are excited to see hime too! Im SOOO glad your home.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Caleb, I need to head up north to find a future build site of my own. That land looks awesome. Glad you made it back okay. Your post was so funny I was laughing out loud. Turn up the music...

Erica said...

You broke down and brought home a dog? What happened to the idea of getting a horse? Glad you had a fun time!

Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich said...

Hey Zims - I have been peeking in on your post since you started and it is nice to see you are all doing well. I appreciated the Nativity story since last year Hunter and I were kicking the soccer ball around in the house (Jill was gone) and we .... well ... I accidently knocked Joseph off the table (Mary and Jesus were safe though!) and he kind of lost his head or rather he sort of went to pieces. I mean what a wuss, it wasn't that hard of a hit. Anyways, Hunter found Jill's glue gun and we fixed him up fine except for that wierd facial tick he has now. Jill didn't even notice until she was packing the decorations away. I just blamed it on the dog - so Caleb remember that! Actually, I fessed up. I am thinking I might go after Mary this year though! She needs a new hairdo any ways. Take care guys!