Sunday, September 23, 2007

Life Has Changed

We thought we were doing a pretty good job of updating or blog regularly. That all seemed to change once Jude came to our house. Actually, he has been sleeping like baby. He sleeps for 30 minutes and wakes up screaming. He has been doing a lot better the last few nights and Tami has actually been able to sleep at night for a few hours instead of 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there.

Elias had his best football game yesterday on offense. He had a great run on the option. We were just happy he caught the pitch and then he turned the corner and he actually ran fast. I guess speed changes depending on the size of the guys chasing you. In the past few games, the only time he came off the field was when they did kick off return. (Sadly, that happens quite a bit with his team) Yesterday they put him on kick off return too. He told me the only time he came off the field was at half time and at the end of the game. It is always easy to pick him out on the field because the average weight of the team is around 80-90 pounds. Elias brings that average down with a weight of 63 pounds.

I went to Isaac's first soccer game on Thursday.

Silas doesn't play sports yet but he really likes going to go to the games and play with his friends. He gets mad if we leave him.

I guess I should elaborate on Isaac's soccer game. The first two minutes were great. Isaac took the ball all the way down the field a couple of times and almost scored. After that, he was tired and wanted to come out of the game. I think he could use a little conditioning. I will say that they only need a field the size about 10 kids with a little bit of spacing. Every time the ball would go somewhere, both teams would swarm together and go to the ball. I don't think they understand spacing yet. Of course, I don't understand soccer so maybe that is part of the feel good, everyone is a star, don't hurt feelings game.

The boys wanted to earn money so I told them I would pay them to wash my pickup and to wash Tami's car. Both of the vehicles are too tall for them wash the top so I did that part for them. After Isaac kept trying to scratch the vehicles with the nozzle and Elias washed only parts of each panel, I decided that I would cut their pay in half and help them. They vacuumed the vehicles too but you would never know it. Elias vacuumed my pickup but never took out the floor mats or anything else that was on the floor. It really cut down the time it takes to vacuum though.

We used to have Monday and Thursday nights free so that we could have a little time off from sports but now Isaac has practice on Monday and games on Thursday. We will just have to enjoy the two hours we have on Sunday afternoon. Besides, we would all be bored if we didn't have so much going on.

3 comments:

alison said...

I like to think of soccer as a 'gateway sport', something that gets the kids running around in a herd and maybe they'll learn a bit of strategy and teamwork. It scares me to hear how big some of those kids are on the football teams, N is only 55 pounds, he'd get snapped like a toothpick!

Erica said...

Does life really change after having 3? I've heard that after the 3rd child you as parents are out numbered and from if you have more, it just doesn't matter. Fatten that little Jude up a bit more, so that he will sleep longer. :-) Can you begin to imagine what life will be like someday with 4 boys involved in sports? BUSY days ahead.

KrisJ said...

Im glad you added more about Isaacs game I was gonna give you a hard time! You guys are doing a great job with the boys the are athletic and smart as could be!
-Kris