Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Just Sayin'

Ever since we saw that GIANT wolf spider in the garage last fall we've had sticky traps set up near every door out there.  These particular traps have only been out for 2 weeks and are filling up quickly!  I occasionally take a peek to see what we've collected and found this pretty horned beetle today.  I googled it to find out about them and this was the number one article that came up...
"Beetles with the biggest horns have the smallest testes, say scientists who show that in evolutionary terms you can't have it all."
I thought that was pretty hilarious!!


Since I had my camera out Silas decided to pose.

4 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

My, what a lovely horn you have! That's a pretty cute pose Silas has goin' there.

Jill said...

That's hilarious!!Ha Ha!!

Maggie said...

I think they say that about men with lifted pickups, too. :-) That beetle is beautiful!

KrisJ said...

Number 1 EWWWWWWWW
Number 2 THAT is FUNNY!!!