Monday, May 17, 2010

Elias' Solo

"I work solo mio."  Anyone recognize that quote? It's from Cars.  Ever since Elias auditioned for and got a solo for this choir concert I've been saying it a lot.  We've been pretty nervous for him this week since he's been fighting off a cold.  We were all really hopeful that it would all clear up for tonight but on the way over to the school this evening he was blowing his nose like crazy to the point that both his ears plugged up.  When he told me they were blocked I said, "ut oh!". He didn't understand my concern.  I had to explain to him that if you can't hear you can't stay on key.  "Nuh uh, I'll be just fine laauuuaaauuuahh." OUCH!!  We spent the last few minutes before we walked in trying to get him to pop his ears... I was really nervous, him, not so much.  He gets up there and sings solos without even getting 'shaky voice'.  I did hear a bum note or two but according to him if you don't know the song you won't notice...hmmmm I guess that theory makes him feel good.  I'm really proud of him and glad that he's so confident!  So without further adieu, I now present to you Close Every Door from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat featuring Elias Zimmerman!

10 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

Wow! That is no short solo either. I'm totally impressed .

Unknown said...

Go Elias! That was awesome! You did great!

KrisJ said...

O SNAP!!! Way to go Z!!! That was awesome.. and being sick!! Takes after his daddy.. hello church solos hehe!
And ya that was a LONG solo thats awesome!

Haley L said...

Wow! I am blown away. Nerves of steel and looked and sounded so confident. I LOVE that musical and that song, too. Nice work, bud!

Cobi Foxx said...

That was amazing. Elias did such a good job. He looks so old, too!

Jill said...

Way to go Elias! That takes some serious guts :)

alison said...

Great job E!! He did such a fantastic job--talk about talented. You can't tell that he's had a cold or anything. :)
Love the costume. Will he be Joseph for Halloween too?

Maggie said...

Wow! That was amazing! Way to go, Elias! -Maggie

Anna Winn and Family said...

Elias is AWESOME!! Seriously, he did such an amazing job. He didn't even sound nervous and has such a crystal clear voice. I love it!! I might have to give him a huge hug when I see him. Will he sing it for us at the reunion?!!

kmk said...

That was soooo good. My girls love that movie, and they know the song so well. they really liked this.