Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers who are in prison right now.  This is what Silas brought into the bedroom this morning for Tami. (notice he chose the most coveted piece of bread that usually ends up in the garbage at our house)  He woke up at about 5:45 and got her warm water out of the tap and a piece of bread.  How can you not feel loved with something like this?  It truly is the thought that counts in this instance.  Since Tami isn't in prison, we decided to make her crepes with fruit and most importantly, whipped cream.

We had Stake conference today and we were trying to keep the kids quiet.  Silas was having a melt down and Tami leaned under the bench to ask him to pout quietly.  He said, "I'm mad at you.  You've never brought me breakfast in bed!!!"  I guess he can have bread and water tomorrow morning in bed.

Since it is Tami's day, she gets to choose everything.  We had 7 layer dip for an appetizer and then we made chicken fajitas for lunch.  We will follow that up with a tres leches cake.  Don't go thinking that we went over board on all the cooking and preparing.  Sam's club did most of it.  I guess Tami wanted to add a little Tex/Mex theme to Mother's day. 

The nice thing about Mother's day is that we really never have to get Tami any gifts.  She usually has them purchased weeks ahead.  She has always been an efficient gift buyer but at first I had a hard time with her buying the gifts for herself.  Now that we have been married awhile, I really appreciate it.  She gets what she wants and I don't have to shop.  That is what we call a win win.  I have to add that it is a win, win, win because Tami just told me that there is another win.  She doesn't have to pretend to like something that I got her.  Happy Mother's Day everyone!!! 


5 comments:

KrisJ said...

Tami you are the best you deserve the best day ever!! Love ya lots!! Happy Mothers Day!

Jolayne said...

If this were a Facebook post, I'd press "Like".

Haley L said...

You kill me, Silas! That breakfast is the epitome of the phrase "it's the thought that counts!" Props to Caleb for the other meal, though!!

Nannette said...

I like that Tami buys her own gifts...I just send a link on an e-mail to Joe and he buys them. It is about the same! Nice breakfast!

Johnna Jayne said...

Chris and I LOVE the Silas story. That is just to funny!