Monday, January 19, 2009

Overtired!

Today was a really LONG day for Silas. We went to the Zoo and between "free day" at the Zoo and Museum AND a MLKJ day rally at the neighboring park there was NO close parking. We probably parked a mile away. The kids had a lot of fun but for a little guy like Silas that is a lot of exercise. So... it's now 6:40 pm and I just put him to bed for the night. You know how there are happy drunks, mean drunks, violent drunks, flirty drunks??? I believe there are different types of overtired's as well. Silas is a mean, ornery, name calling overtired. Since he was displaying all the before mentioned signs of tiredness I decided an early bedtime was appropriate. The process of getting him to bed included lots of screaming, yelling, crying, running away, kicking while being carried up to his room, fighting the putting on of his pj's, wishing he was older like his brothers so he could stay up later and a little bit of apologizing hoping it would buy him some more time. When it was time for him to say his prayer he refused but after a second he said, "Wait, I'll say it...(In an angry voice) Dear Heavenly Father, Thanks for the day (he's so set in his same old prayer he couldn't leave that line out) Make my Mom NEVER put me to bed early... DONE, I'm not saying Amen!" What a dear, sweet soul huh?

2 comments:

KrisJ said...

It was a very LONG freaking walk but his prayer cracks me up! Hes so stinkin cute even when hes cranky!

Elizabeth said...

Have to laugh! Silas will still be so dang cute!