Thursday, January 22, 2009

Farewell President Bush

I had the opportunity to be in Midland, Texas the same day that President Bush flew in which was inauguration day. I was staying in the Hilton where the event was held. I didn't actually get to attend the speech but it was broadcast on all the local news stations. I did however get to see Air force One which was not actually the name because it didn't have the President on board. It had the ex-president. It was pretty neat to hear his speech.

He had a lot of good comments in his speech. He said that during his presidency, we were never attacked once on our soil after 9/11 and 50 million people were freed. He also said that he always did what he thought was best for the country and he didn't let opinion polls and approval ratings change his mind. The final statement that I really liked was that history will tell whether he was a good president or not. It will be an exciting day when the first missionaries enter Iraq. There are a lot of things that I didn't agree with Bush on but he knew what he stood for and he didn't back down. I appreciate that he stood for what was right.

I couldn't help but notice during the inauguration that President and Laura Bush were extremely classy individuals. I was however very disappointed in most of the remarks that President Obama made about the past. I wish him the best in the next four years and even if I don't agree with him, I will support him.

Don't worry...political posts will not be the norm here.

2 comments:

vicki said...

I'm not a fan a Pres. Bush but I believe in giving the office the respect it deserves so I have never participated in bashing him. It just isn't right. I'm with you on that. I am a HUGE fan of Laura Bush. Love her!

KrisJ said...

Ya not so excited about the laws he is already changing! GRRRR