Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Scream, You Scream!!



Here are a few Rocky Roaders! Silas is quite a messy ice cream eater... We made Elias and Isaac put chocolate on their lips to make Silas feel better. This morning Silas woke up and tried to convince me that his Daddy said he could have ice cream for breakfast. This is his usual method (using the absent parents' permission with the present one). Needless to say I didn't fall for it.
We are 2 weeks and 1 or 2 days away from my induction date. I'm getting very tired of being pregnant! A friend of mine reminded me that we have to get miserable enough to be willing to go through child birth. She hit that one right on. People keep asking how the kids will react to Jude. Elias will be great I'm sure. He loves and helps with Silas so I think a new brother won't effect him. Isaac wants a pet so bad he can't stand it so a baby will be a good substitute (I'm hoping). Silas thinks he's excited but I don't expect his enthusiasm to last long. He may like him eventually but I'm guessing the competition will bug him. We're just really hoping he doesn't regress with his potty training. He's been in underwear for 3 weeks now and doing great. I guess that means the Grandma's are off the hook. I had a friend who told me it was the Grandma's job to potty train all the Grand kids. I was really planning on making this a family tradition for us too. Well, I guess they will still have Jude to train!! HAHAHA
On a different note... On Sunday I was walking in the hall during Sunday school to go take Silas to the potty. I happened to walk by Isaac's primary class where the Primary President was kindly lecturing the kids on keeping all four legs of their chairs on the floor at ALL times. After church we asked Isaac if he was part of the tipping crew and he innocently admitted that he was. So... he and Caleb made chocolate chip cookies and he had to go to his teachers' houses and apologize. We're hoping we humiliated him enough so that he won't want to follow the crowd in that way again.
Speaking of cookies... Last Saturday Isaac had a play date with a friend where the Mom helped the boys make chocolate chip cookies from "scratch". I HATE making cookies because it's so time consuming so we just buy the tub of cookie dough from Costco and make a few for dessert whenever we want them. Isaac was SO impressed with the whole process. He was quite jealous that he's been missing out on the complete cookie making experience. He asked his friends Mom for the recipe so that maybe I could make some from scratch too.... FAT CHANCE!!

No comments: