Saturday, August 25, 2007

History

We had a very interesting conversation with Elias yesterday. We were driving home from somewhere and we told all the kids to roll the windows up. After a few minutes of thinking, Elias told us that he knows why we call it "roll" the windows up. He had ridden in a vehicle that you had to roll the windows up with a handle. It kind of made us think that we are getting older. We don't really know what records and eight tracks are. The boys won't know what cassettes and video tapes are. We finally got rid of our VCR and threw out all of our old tapes. I finally have all of my old songs from CD's on my cell phone now so that I can listen to all of my favorite songs on my phone. We can also e-mail, talk, go to Mapquest and Google maps and do all other sorts of exciting and pointless things on our phones. So now I have been trying to figure out what we will substitute in the place of "roll" for the windows. Touch, push, button and toggle don't really go with "your window up." I guess we will just yell at them and tell them to put their window up.

I usually go back and read everything I have written before I submit it. After reading the above paragraph, it sounds really weird but I am going to post it anyway.

No comments: