Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wild Week







I tried to include pictures of the boys in their element. Isaac is always climbing on anything he can get enough grip on. Silas is always into something and extremely mischievous. Elias is vain and likes to look at himself in the mirror and take pictures of himself. He is kind of mad at me for writing that, but not mad enough that he doesn't want it out there for everyone to see.

This was one of the many wild weeks that we have planned in August. I flew up to Spokane and then went to Bonners Ferry for my grandmas funeral. It seems kind of strange that a complete generation of the Zimmerman family is gone. It was the best funeral I have ever been to. Not that I am frequent attender of funerals but this was a good one. She was an amazing lady and everyone recognized her for that. She wasn't the least bit scared of dying and probably looked forward to it so that she could move on and get started on the next stage of progression.

It was great to be able to see aunts and uncles, cousins and friends. Every time I go to North Idaho, I realize what a beautiful place it is and I am ready to move back. Then reality sets and I realize that I wouldn't have a job up there. We do really enjoy Denver and I love my job so we will go wherever we need to and have a great time doing it.

Tami and the boys picked me up at the airport yesterday at 5:30 after visiting her sister. We have about 24 hours together before I fly out for Phoenix today at 5:30. Then I will fly back in on Friday at 6:30 so that we can leave by 7:30 to go to Utah for Maggie and John's wedding. After the wedding we are going to visit Tami's grandparents and then take a tour through beautiful Rock Springs, Wyoming (it really isn't that bad), Vernal, Utah and Rifle, Colorado.

Enough of the travel log. We are finally getting to eat peaches from our tree. They seem to have little bruises about the size of Isaac's fingers. He makes sure he squeezes them to see if they are ready to eat. As long as he can make an indent, he considers them ready. Tami is going to have a busy week picking black berries, green beans and peaches. What a great week to be gone.








No comments: