Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Trick Pony

Finito! Terminado! Done!  My goal at the beginning of this week was to make ONE curtain.  With nine windows in need of coverings the whole job seemed a lot overwhelming. So, Wednesday I made one for the laundry room (it's plain white and the same design, not photo worthy) and then decided that same day during Jude's nap I could bust out two more SMALL ones for the bathroom windows.  After that I had the bug to get it done.  I can't stand knowing I've started something and not just work my tail off to finish. Plus I converted my office into my sewing room and didn't want to have to keep getting out and putting away all the supplies. So ever since then I've had a one track mind.  And I'm sure you've noticed that the style is the same on all of the curtains I made.  Thank you to Kris for pointing out that most people all have panel curtains on their windows so I'm not concerned.  We do have panels in the bedrooms so there is some variety in the home!  I'm so sick of sewing and my machine is sick of being used.  By the end of my project I was sweet talking, dirty talking and kissing my machine to keep it going! I love the end of a big project like this because it makes my regular daily chores look appealing agian!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those last ones are my favorite yet! Very pretty material!

Anna Winn and Family said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric. You are awesome! The windows turned out beautifully.

Haley L said...

I would buy them if you sold them online. Wanna keep going? LOVE them all!

Elizabeth said...

You are really so talented Tami! What a great accomplishment!! They are beautiful!

Nannette said...

Those all turned out so well. You got them done very fast too. My favorites are the ones that roll up (nice contrasting fabric) and the ones next to the table. SO nice!

Cobi Foxx said...

The curtains look great. I am so impressed!

Cobi Foxx said...

So the posting comes up as from Rob, but it is actually me doing it, Tami. He wasn't checking out your curtains!

Cobi