Saturday, November 7, 2009

Work Shirt and Bald Eagles

I realized today that I have a sissy job.  I was with the scouts for the morning so Tami and the kids were going to clean out the weeds, trees and other things growing along the side of the yard.  Tami told the boys to go put on work clothes so they could help out.  Silas walked out of his bedroom with a button up shirt ready to go "work".  When Tami told me the story, I realized that I officially have a pansy job.  He didn't know that a work shirt should involve flannel.

We were driving home from Sam's club today and Silas was on a roll.   He had cut part of Tami's segal palm and we were telling him that he shouldn't do that.  He told us that he didn't like it and it poked him so he took the shears and cut the plant.  His brain told him to do it and as long as he didn't like the plant, he was going to continue to cut it.  I told him that if he cut the plant, I was going to shave his head bald.  He immediately came back with, "that would be awesome because then kids would call me a bald eagle."  For some reason, I don't think I won that argument.    

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

OMG!! That boy is so quick witted!! LOVE IT!

LaDawn Lingard said...

I remember when Carlos used to travel the boys thought he worked at the airport fixing airplanes...

Maggie said...

I still think you're tough, Caleb. I do miss Silas' wit. Who wouldn't want to be a bald eagle?

Elizabeth said...

That kid is so dang smart! Love the way he thinks! Hilarious!