Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Elias is officially a Tween!


The house situation is still completely unresolved so I'm going to blog about something normal.

Yesterday was Elias' 11th Birthday! Caleb's out of town this week so we celebrated it on Sunday. His big gift this year is Caleb taking him on a wild hog hunt in the fall. He got several hunting type gifts to help prepare him for the big hunt. I can't believe we have a tweener now. In a lot of ways it's obvious and in others he's still a little boy. I'm gonna hang on to the little boy part for as long as possible. He's a great kid who always notices when I need help and volunteers readily. He's so tolerant and helpful with Silas (who can be a major pill). He's so easy going and can adapt and go with the flow without effort. He loves sports and playing family games. He brings so much joy to our family. We love you Elias! Thanks for choosing us as your family!

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

We love you too Z man!!! Hope you had a great day and I cant wait to see the hog you get in the fall!! ...Kaden wants to come!

Jill said...

I can't believe how grown up he is!!! Has it really been that long since you moved away?

Johnna Jayne said...

Happy Birthday Elias! Doesn't seem right that he is a tween now. Makes me think back to that baby picture of him with the lil curls. . . Awe!

kmk said...

Happy Birthday to Elias! I remember when you were prgnant with him, you were so young, and you were so able. I remember you calling me in Hawaii to say you had him, and I was in awe. Can't believe that was 11 years, but that makes sense since you had him right after I got married and I just had my 11th anniversary.

Maggie said...

I know that my opinion doesn't matter, because Elias doesn't like brushing his hair, but I like his hair longer.