Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dragging Junk Home

For some reason, Tami allowed me to buy another jeep. We went and bought it on Saturday. We had to run to the bank to get money after we looked at it. When we got back to the owners house, there was a big puddle of gas on his driveway. I didn't think anything of it. Tami told me that he was probably siphoning all the gas out of it. I told her that they were probably putting more into it so that we could make it home. The gas gauge doesn't work so on the way home it was hard to tell were the gas level was. We ended up getting it home without a problem.

I had to replace the battery before I could drive it. We also had to register it so that I wouldn't get pulled over. I got the new battery put in and wanted to drive it to Isaac's practice so I asked Tami's permission. She said, "Do what you want because you are going to anyway. Just don't make me come and pick you up."

Everything was uneventful on the way to practice. We left a little bit early from practice because Isaac was coughing a lot. As soon as we turned into our neighborhood and onto our street, the jeep died. I couldn't believe that I had run out of gas. Now there are going to be a lot of people that are going to say, "I told you so...all those rude comments about 'fill in the name' when they ran out of gas is coming back to you." So everyone who wants say I told you so, go ahead and get it out of your system. By the way, it was very humiliating calling Tami to bring me gas. The only reason I didn't just sneak home, get gas and bring it back is because Isaac didn't have a coat. Even junker old jeeps don't run on air. Tami told me that we are now even for the time that she ran out of gas on the way home from the temple. My little ordeal only took 5 minutes. Hers took more like 55 minutes. Especially after the state trooper wanted to take her in for driving a stolen vehicle. I found out that you shouldn't put old plates on a vehicle until it is actually registered with those plates.

3 comments:

Kevin n Amy Cederquist said...

HAHA... i've done that before too... it is quite embarassing, and i even had a gauge that worked!

KrisJ said...

That is awesome!

Anna Winn and Family said...

I hate that. And I hate the "getting even" part of the whole thing. Karma? I almost talked Alex into getting me an awesome Honda Shadow today. It was sweeeeeeeeet.