Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tabasco vs Tobacco

We were having family home evening on Monday and sometimes we have the boys teach us about different principles of the gospel.(Usually that means that Tami and I didn't have a lesson prepared) We spoke about faith, repentance, baptism and the Holy Ghost. Then we got on to other topics like the Word of Wisdom. There have always been personal interpretations of the Word of Wisdom but we try to teach exactly what it says and let the boys decide. I guess that backfired. Elias said that we couldn't use tobacco and that we couldn't drink tea, coffee or alcohol. Isaac piped up and said, "Dad always uses Tabasco." Tami wanted to know if we needed to have a little talk about what I did when she wasn't around. Cigarettes=tobacco, spicy red stuff on eggs=Tabasco. I do have to admit that it is a habit that I picked up when we lived in Louisiana. Just so we aren't spreading false doctrine, Tabasco is not mentioned in the Word of Wisdom that I know of. I have heard that it really does help keep kids from being sassy, mouthy and from saying bad things. It would never work on our kid because they love it.

1 comment:

alison said...

So the kids are ratting you out on your addiction to Tabasco...can't trust anyone anymore can ya?