Friday, September 12, 2008

Alvin Workin' on the Railroad

Silas bombarded me with some interesting questions today... "Why does Alvin work on the railroad?", "How does he stay safe?", "How does he move the tracks?". I was caught completely off guard. I really didn't have answers for him. I asked him what cartoon he saw that on - no cartoons. I asked if they read him a book about that at preschool - nope. Did he mean Alvin and the chipmonks - ummm NO. I didn't know what to tell him. About 10 min. later he asked me, "Mom, what's the next words in the song?". I asked him what song. He said, "You know, 'Alvin workin' on the railroad, all the live long day'". OHHHHHHHH It all fianlly made sense!

5 comments:

alison said...

cute!

Kris said...

I totally love that. He was seriously worried about Alvin! How cute...

KrisJ said...

Ok that is hularious!!

Anna Winn and Family said...

Zoe would just be screaming "I HATE ALVIN!!!" I can't wait for Emmett to get a little older - may be he'll get the calm genes this time.

natjwalker said...

Tami,

This is Natalie Jim's wife, this post is GREAT! I laughed so hard about the speachless part and the song. Great POST!!!