Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finally!

We finally closed on our house and are mostly moved in. We had an amazing team of women working on our side that got everything necessary done in 10 business days. Thanks SOOOOOO much to the Jeffers for all their help in this whole process too. We had hired a cleaning crew to do the house but apparently they thought the kitchen was just fine... I'm sorry but it wasn't. Kris came over and helped me scrub it down on Friday. Saturday Rich and Caleb moved almost everything in (while Brigit watched the younger kiddos TY!!!) while Kris, Kaden, Elias and I unpacked and put things in the right rooms. They helped us out ALL day. We couldn't have done it without them. We also had a couple neighbors drop by and help here and there. Yesterday Kris took my younger boys and Elias, Isaac and I got pretty much all the unpacking and putting together done. The house is relatively clean and livable now. We have phone, Internet and satellite back so we're on a roll!! Our home phone is the same as it used to be. Man I guess we're just about there. On Sunday the phone repair man came because the phones weren't working. While he was working in the basement I went and checked out one of our window wells and found a HUGE black widow spider with a giant egg sack. There was also a male one in the same well. FREAKY!! Kris and I didn't see any signs of them in the house in all our cleaning but having one so close still freaked us out. Caleb sprayed an entire can of killer on them yesterday and I think they're history now. Quite the welcoming crew! I tried to take some pix but they didn't turn out well through the glass and I wasn't about to get closer! (the Picture loading function isn't working so I'll have to post my sorry pictures later).

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

Its sounds funny but we had the BEST TIME!! We knew if we didnt just show up that you guys would never call so Im glad we were able to help out you self efficient people! And you know I love getting some baby time with Jude he is such a good easy baby! AND THE SPIDER EWWWW it was HUGE!

Erica said...

CONGRATS!! I'd love to see it. I am so glad that you guys were able to stay in the area. We would have really missed you!

alison said...

that's great that you were able to get so much done!!

Haley L said...

We drove by after getting back from vacation yesterday and saw Elias and Isaac playing on the nice swingset in the back. Sorry we weren't around to help! Spider aside, the house looks great. Cooper is offering lawn services since he loves to mow and your back yard is huge!! :)

Elizabeth said...

We are so glad you moved in so close! WE will have good times ahead! Also, heads up on the black widows...for some reason they like it here...be sure and check your outdoor play place! The boys are so anxious to play too! They keep peering out the window and buggin me to call you....