Friday, April 4, 2008

Pigeon Be Gone!!

So do you think I should patent it? We've had a pigeon move in. He/she lives on a ledge in our entryway. Though we've not seen him yet he's been leaving his "sign" all over my porch. He did, however, try to take the head off my friend as she attempted to bring me cherry chip cupcakes. I'm sorry bird, but that's where I draw the line. In a house full of chocolate lovers my opportunities to have great flavors like cherry chip, rainbow chip and strawberry are far and few between so BACK OFF! This is my solution. A box from gallon sized ziplocs with plastic knives spiking out the top. I put rocks in the box and balanced it on the ledge. We'll see how she does! If it works I may have to patent it. Or maybe I could line the ledge with those sticky mouse traps? Birds are nosier than mice so maybe that's a bad idea!

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

seriously I about pee'd my pants. That dang bird is HUGE! I hope it works cuz I might have to use the garage, Im already afraid of birds ya know LOL

alison said...

LOL!! This is remind me of the movie Forget Paris. Did you ever see that w/Billy Crystal and Debra Winger? She used the sticky traps and a bird got caught and then got stuck to her head?
I hope this works--I'd hate to see Kris w/hair gone b/c a glue trap got stuck to her.

Jolayne said...

Very innovative. I'm sure the animal rights people would be at my doorstep if I tried something like this because I would have put the knives pointy side up.

Haley L said...

You are one clever chic! I think I'm gonna call the folks at Hints from Heloise (or maybe I just dated myself and I won't!)

LaDawn Lingard said...

I want one!