Sunday, October 18, 2009

Made Tami's Day/Week/Year?

I can't believe it is already happening to me.  We were at church today and someone admitted that when we walked into church for the first time, he thought I had four boys and an older daughter that just didn't quite fit into the family.   Yes, you guessed it.  That daughter was Tami.  He was not joking about it either.  He was really trying to figure out how everyone fit in the family.  I know she was young when we got married but she is only two years younger than I am.  I am going to blame it on good genes.  Her mom and dad  both look much younger than they are.  I tried to blame it on the wonderful lifestyle that her graying husband provided for her, but having four boys makes that impossible.  Living stress free like she does must help out quite a bit.  (If you don't know Tami, she stresses out about everything and I don't stress about much of anything)  So that can't be it either.  I actually took it as a complement too.  I always joked with Tami that when we were older, people would mistake her for my daughter.  I guess that time is now.  It came much earlier than I thought.  The good thing is, I can still have a trophy wife when I am in my 60's and it will be the same person that I will have been married to for 40 years.  It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't rubbing into my face the whole time.  She is feeling pretty good about herself right now.  She was always confident but now she is downright arrogant about it.  I guess that is the price you must to pay to have a trophy wife. 

6 comments:

Kevin n Amy Cederquist said...

Oh Caleb... you are so sweet. She is a trophy wife... she's smoken hot! HA HA... probably will help her to be more confidant, but hey after four pregnancies? Go TAMIE!!!

vicki said...

Ha! So funny Caleb! After having 4 boys she deserves a compliment like that. Tami, share your fountain of youth secrets!!

Anna Winn and Family said...

Personally I get tired of everyone calling me a trophy wife.
I'm sure Tami's been called that a number of times - she just didn't want you to feel bad that you look sooooooooooooo much older. Where did that term come from anyway? The guy shot a smokin' hot girl and put her on his mantel?

Maggie said...

I am really jealous, but that is completely understandable that that man assumed you were way younger. You look way too good to have had 4 boys. As for me, everyone assumes I am the same age as Jon (5 years older!), so there is no hope for me after I have kids. :-)

The Toy Guru said...

You GO Tami!! I would rub it in too!!

Tirsa said...

woot woot! You still got it, girl!