Saturday, October 20, 2007

CHEATERS!!

Yesterday Caleb and I helped out at the school jog-a-thon fund raiser. He and I both noticed a couple of PTO members cheating!!! When the kids would make a lap and come through the chutes they were giving them two tallies instead of one. The lady I saw would say, "here's two because you're so polite", or "here's two because you're encouraging your friend", etc. I was so mad cuz all the lazy kids figured that out and would only go to her to get tallied...she would have a line 5-6 kids deep while 5-6 of us talliers had no one. For one, she was stealing from the people who pledged per lap and secondly the kids who really worked their butts off and ran like crazy the whole time got out lapped by the lazy kids by like 10-15 laps. Elias did 18 laps. He and I counted them when the time was up and he was quite satisfied with his number. However, when he came home from school he miraculously had 30 something tallies on his runner's tag. I guess the pressure of the lazies having more laps than him was too much! So we're no better because he cheated too! Lucky for me I sponsored him a flat rate and not per lap.

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

That is to bad I wasnt there so we could tease the cheater and make her quit!

Erica said...

Holy COW! I pledged a per lap rate- am I out a ton?

alison said...

is that why they were all going to her line?
elias was making serious time though!

Kris said...

Holy smokes. I would have kicked that lady's trash! That is terrible!