Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation and Anniversary

I think Tami is just about to the end of her rope at the cabin.  She has learned more things this summer than she ever cared to know about boat motors, snakes, fishing etc.  For some reason, none of those things were ever on her list of things you must learn before you die.  After talking to her on the phone tonight, I can tell that she is pretty frazzled and we may have stayed a little long this year.  She keeps telling me that we only have 2 weeks left at the cabin.  That makes her pretty happy but I could spend every day up there. 

We were on vacation one time over our anniversary.  We were having so much fun in the water that I completely forgot.  Tami didn't forget but she made sure she didn't say a word until I was just about asleep from the crazy day of water sports.  She leaned over and said, "Happy Anniversary!!!"  Those are not excited explanation points, they are mad ones.

This year, I decided I better do something early or else I would forget.  I did get a little coaching from a friend so I can't take all the credit.  Tami won't be able to read this until I get to the cabin with my phone so while she reads, she will find out that I got her two tickets to see Wicked in New York on September 18th.  Happy Anniversary Tami.  I can't believe we have been married for 13 years.

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

WOOHOO!!!!! BEST GIFT EVER!!! YOUR THE BEST!!!

Johnna Jayne said...

That is hilarious. I can totally imagine the exact tone in her voice when she told you 'Happy Anniversary!!!'. Sounds like this one is going to rock.

Jill said...

Way to go Caleb!!!

Jill said...

I still don't know if it makes up for all those snakes, though.

Anna Winn and Family said...

Just letting you know that you missed my birthday - but since Christmas is coming up there is still hope. Or just tell Alex what to get me!!